Friday, July 31, 2009

...begins with a single step

I guess this is Day One. Last night was really Day One. Or Night One.

I'm at work, looking forward to a 9am nap. Last night I went for a walk around 10pm, but was too tired to do something like reading, so I went to Safeway and got some groceries. That was around midnight. I was ready to fall asleep at 1am, it felt so luxurious. Waking up at 4am was not all that difficult, it was staying awake that was hard. I think I really woke up at 4:20, and then jumped back under the covers because I was cold. We made ourselves go out for a walk, which was helpful, but only if you don't mind walking around in a trance. I felt a little zombie-like, but managed to convince myself it was temporary. I managed to stay awake and make way too much noise (laundry, light cleaning) for my roommates to appreciate.

I decided to ride my bike to work early, because I could do more there, but was dreading actually exercising. Once on the bike, though, I woke up and felt relaxed and refreshed, despite my quads already being sore from working out yesterday. I think the whole Sunrise thing cannot be overstated. Once at work, although I feel I could fall asleep at any minute, I have been able to concentrate and get some work done on the computer. I have made a list of tasks for my day, and am hoping to get to them earlier in the day, as I don't expect to be able to concentrate very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment