Friday, July 31, 2009

NIght Two, part 1

It is midnight, and I am able to concentrate enough to work on the computer and begin compiling a list of things to do. I could probably fall asleep at any moment, but am interested in what I'm doing enough to prefer staying awake.

I am finding that having more hours in the day also allows for more opportunities to be distracted in the day, but I won't dwell on that.

The 9pm nap was OK. I was reluctant to quit working online when it came up, but also looked forward to it. I was certainly not desperate for it, and even wondered if I would be able to fall asleep. Of course, I did. I was woken up a couple of times by noise (apparently, it is Friday night out there in the monophasic world), and am sort of marveling at how long 20 minutes can be. I was rested at the end of the nap, but it was also 9:30 at night, and so being awake is still different than during the day. There has been enough activity in the house this evening to distract me from my work, but I am finding myself able to accomplish it in between the commotions.

I have an hour to go before the core sleep. I was planning on heading out to Walgreen's or something. Actually, I found out that a nearby Home Depot stays open until midnight. However, since I am able to stay up and concentrate, I decided to do that instead.

Is this real? Can it be possible to gain all these extra hours every day? It seems like a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment